Contract Name: Medway Primary Care Trust
Contract Value: £20 million
Contract Period: August 2006 – August 2036
Client: Medway Fundco Limited
Rydon Construction worked to construct part of Tranche 1/ 1B of the Medway Local Improvement Finance Trust (LIFT), a collection of new health centres across four different sites in Kent, working in partnership with the Medway Primary Care Trust.
The new centres outlined below, in Rainham, Rochester, Chatham and Gillingham, are within a five mile radius of each other:
- Rainham Community Healthy Living Centre: includes 4 large GP Practices.
- Rochester Community Healthy Living Centre: comprising 3 GP Practices, Community Nursing and Primary Care Services, plus two Dental Suites.
- Lordswood Community Healthy Living Centre: comprising of 3 GP Practices, including Secondary Care Services and two Dental Suites.
- Balmoral Gardens Community Healthy Living Centre: comprising of GP suites, Consulting Rooms, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy and minor procedures.
Rydon Maintenance provides Hard Facilities Management services to the hospital site incorporating Planned Preventative and Reactive Maintenance for:
- Estates Services – Planned and Reactive Maintenance including Statutory Compliance and Minor Works under Version 5 of the standard LIFT Contract;
- 24/365 Helpdesk – Live link to Client;
- Grounds & Gardens Maintenance – Hard and Soft Landscaping including ice & snow clearance;
- Energy & Utilities – monitoring of Building Management Systems and building services including Utilities meter readings, energy reporting and advice on energy efficiency measures.